CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My HBCU Mission





I first met her in New Orleans a vision of beauty with brains to match
I ran wild not understanding her purpose in my life
I studied all the wrong subjects all-nighters were my favorite
The Barn was my spot instead of the classroom
I regrouped and focused in the city of wind
My next destination was Chocolate City
My consciousness was awakened liberation was my mission
My assignment was a degree from the Black Harvard
I was focused and then I discovered the Yard
I was cramped between Blackburn and Douglass
I studied the legacy that was there before me
Sutton and Eaton engulfed me with all night spades and conversation
Thursday's were a Trio of half price pizza with full price memories
I went  Wong messing with Tommy on more than a few nights
I was mesmerized by the the Fine Arts on Fridays with a 40 in my bag
Meridian was an Ebony palace I couldn't resist
Park Square was a hidden treasure for educated Soul Sisters
9th and T brought escapades that would live in Infamy
A momentous ride where  I met Nik who was a bit of a Freak 
I sipped too much on the amenities offered ignoring my original plan 
HU I Thank You I don't know where I'd be without you!!


1 comments:

Chicago Intellect said...

Half Price Pizza and hanging out at 9th &T street!