CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Life in Amsterdam


                 



Well it’s been seven months since I made one of the biggest decisions of my life. I accepted a job offer in Amsterdam. I now live on the southside of Amsterdam how fitting after living on the south side of Chicago for all my life.

They say “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” they ain’t lying about that.

Amsterdam is a cool ass city lots of history and mix of cultures. The Dutch have their ways and you adapt. The service in restaurants is different, saying excuse me is rare, bike riding is mandatory, stampot is a dish, markets are a plenty, and English is spoken by most. The flats are smaller and food delivery is amazing. I watch football (soccer) and rugby at the borrrel or brown bar with my neighbors. Go Ajax!!

I’m going to write more about this experience and my travels through Europe.

So enjoy the ride!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking to read more of your observations!

Unknown said...

Enjoy!!! Its gone b4 u know it!!

Fifi B said...

Proud of u 4 taking the leap! Look forward to excerpts from the ride. Southside for life!!