CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prince






His name is Prince and he is funky no one else could do it like Prince Nelson Rodgers. There will be many tributes, dedications, mixes, stories and memories shared about the Purple Party man. Here are a few words about what he meant to me.

I really discovered Prince right around the time I start liking girls his songs always ended up on a mix tape recorded off the radio. The Controversy album was the start listening to Do Me Baby trying to record for a tape without getting caught by my mother is something I will never forget.
I remember hearing all the talk  about Lady Cab Driver from the1999 album I was clueless in Chicago about how wild that song was.

Purple Rain dropped as I entered high school what a album to welcome me into one of the most awkward times of my life. Prince got me through with "Lets Go Crazy" and "When Doves Cry".

Prince provided the soundtrack for the lives of my generation whether you thought he was the weird dude who dressed funny or you were a devoted fan rocking the curl with a long earring.

Prince you showed us all how to be yourself ignore what people say. Prince did everything his way which is a lesson I'll never forget.

Prince Thanks for the music, life lessons, and the music that shaped our lives!!

0 comments: